IP Video cameras are essential for modern Intelligent Distributed Video Surveillance Systems. Legacy analog cameras lack scalability, image quality and remote access functionality. There are several options to consider when upgrading to IPVS. If the system is small and has existing high-quality analog cameras, a video server can be installed to convert analog video to digital. In many cases, legacy cameras are simply not capable of high-definition and need replacing. CWave® can deliver multiple HD video streams over existing coaxial cable, making digital upgrades cheaper and more convenient.
The following diagram shows connection examples over an existing coax topology. Each CWave® device has one Gigabit and 4 10/100 Ethernet ports and is capable of forming an ad-hoc piconet of up to 16 nodes.
- Aggregate network bandwidth 400+ Mbps with individual network nodes capable of up to 320 Mbps
- No new wires – works over existing coax cables and splitters
- Supports point-to-multipoint topology
- Frequency range of 3.3 – 4.7 GHz
- Guaranteed QoS for video, voice or data applications
- Plug and play
- Coexists with DOCSIS, cable and satellite services
- Triple play with QoS access to any coax outlet
Please contact sales for more details.